For those of you still using On Prem Office, Microsoft have announced the latest version of Office. Find out more on what is involved and also the difference between Office 2019 and Office 365
Office 2019 vs Office 365
Office 2019 is the one time purchase whereas Office 365 is the Subscription based model. You may find that if you are currently using Office 365 that you've already been using a number of the features that have been announced as Office 365 provides continual updates,
The Office 2019 update is looking to add the features that have been added to Office 365 over the last three years. Microsoft have also said that they will continue to add features to Office 365 including innovations in collaboration, AI, security and more. These updates won't be available to users of Office 2019 until the next Office update.
A big prerequisite of Office 2019 will be that it can only install on Windows 10. This would be worth looking at if you are thinking about deploying Office 2019 within your organisation.
What's new in Office 2019
Microsoft have announced the below features to the Office Suite
- Excel: Businesses can take advantage of new Excel functions, Power Pivot and Power Query enhancements, and 2D maps. Users can also publish from Excel to Power BI in the Office 2019 version.
- Outlook: Microsoft has updated contact cards, support @ mentions within Outlook and introduce focused inbox features.
- Word: Word have a new black theme, sounds integrated into Office 2019, learning tools and text-to-speech features. There are various accessibility and usability improvements.
- PowerPoint: Microsoft added enhanced zoom capabilities, the ability to manage 3D images within the program and enhanced roaming pencil case features.
- OneNote: Microsoft has made some big changes to OneNote, These features include ink-to-text, improved syncing and an enhanced user experience.
What do I do now?
If you're looking to upgrade your Office suite it may be wise to consider switching to Office 365. Office 365 gives you all of the benefits of Office 2019 including any future updates, which you will be missing out on should you stick with On Prem. Office 365 starts from as little as £7.90 per month as well making it a manageable cost.
Fill in your details below if you'd like to speak to one of our Microsoft Licensing Specialists and see what would best suit your organisation.